Monday, June 18, 2007

Good Food and Wine Show


I went to the good food and wine festival on Sunday with my parents. Sorry there are no photos, cause I left my camera at my friend's house on Fri night. We got there at 9:45 and waited in line for the doors to open at 10. As soon as the doors opened we were in there in an instant. We headed straight for the celebrity theatre to get some tickets to Curtis Stone who was on at 10:30. He was quite good actually and very very tall. When we came out the place had filled up quite significantly, but it was still easy to walk around and see all the stalls, and there were heaps of stalls, all the stall holders were so friendly and had no problems giving away samples of their products. There were lots of bags to get too that were only $5 and had heaps of quality things in them, not the usual items that are put in there to fill the bag and make it heavy, although the Donna Hay bag was very heavy, so good old dad took mum and my bags to the car :)


It was a really well organised event and well worth the $25 entry fee. We left at about 2:30 as it was way packed at that time and we had tasted all we could. I don't know what it's like in the afternoon, but i suggest getting there as soon as it opens and doing all the tasting of food you can do, see some shows and then hit the wine stalls.


I will definitely be going back next year!

No comments: