Thursday, December 9, 2010

Lemon Salmon Pasta

I am very excited as I was reading an article on a news website about how SBS will be bringing a lot more food shows onto their program next year. The Food Safari series will now be focusing on French and one of my favourite shows - Anthony Bourdain No Reservations will be coming to SBS 2. I used to watch it all the time on Foxtel, but I don't have Foxtel anymore so don't get to watch it :( 2011 is going to be a good year for food!

But back to my recipe book of the moment - No time to cook! Comes this easy pasta dish.

Very few ingredients are needed and most of them should be in your pantry if you cook pasta dishes.

I made this the other week and it was so tasty and good that I made it again a few days later... Well I had to use up the dill that I bought.

Salmon is my favourite type of fish to eat (well really the only type of fish I eat, apart from tuna) and I love Dill. Dill is apparently one of the easiest herbs to grow as well. It is also a great companion plant for cucumbers, so I think I will have to plant some in my garden and start pickling some things!




Lemon Salmon Pasta - From Donna Hay's No Time to cook

200g Thin Spaghetti
1/4 cup (60ml) cream
2 Tablespoons of Lemon Juice (which is about 1/2 a lemon)
2 Teaspoons Dijon
1 Tablespoon chopped dill
1 Tablespoon salted capers
175g hot smoked salmon fillet, flaked

1. Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 10 - 12 minutes or until al dente

2. Drain and return to the pan.

3. Add cream, lemon juice and dijon and toss to coat

4. Stir through salmon, capers and dill and serve immediately

How easy is that! Thanks Donna!

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Mmm I like how much salmon you used here! And I was reading the same article too! :P

susan said...

lol, yes the salmon to pasta ratio is very good!

Anna Johnston said...

Mmmm, I've got all those ingredients on hand & I'm hungry as...., thanks for this. Sounds awesome ;)

Lisa (bakebikeblog) said...

yummo! Lemon + salmon is such a great flavour combination!

john@heneedsfood said...

How could you go wrong with these wonderful flavours? And so easy to make!