I was housesitting at my parents place a couple of weeks ago and it was great as they have foxtel. Every time over there I put on the food channel as soon as I get there and sit at the table and read through cookbooks. I am not obsessed with food at all...
Well on the Wednesday (or Tuesday) of that week Donna Hay's show was premiering which was even more exciting. I love Donna Hay's recipes. The few that I have tried have all been really simple and flavoursome, which is the best for mid week dinners. On the show she made a dish called chicken with haloumi and honey. Her advocation for the dish made me go on the web and look for this recipe. Luckily it was on the lifestyle food website.
It was a very simple dish to prepare and very tasty as well, the only thing I would change would be cutting the chicken breasts in half so they cook quicker. Also you have to eat the haloumi quickly otherwise it goes rubbery.
I just served it with a simple salad and some garlic bread.
Chicken ready to go into the oven
Fresh out of the oven!
Chicken with Haloumi and Honey - Recipe from Donna Hay
- 2 x 200g chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 150g haloumi, cut into 4 slices
- 1 tablespoon shredded lemon zest
- 6 sprigs lemon thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Place the chicken, haloumi, zest and lemon thyme in a ceramic baking dish.
- Combine the oil and honey and pour over.
- Bake for 18–20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.