Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Berry Coffee Cake


Yes I got back from holidays quite a while ago and have been continuing the holiday from my blog. So many times I have uploaded photos (which for some reason take forever on my laptop) only to have errors with blogger and then I can’t save them and have to go over the whole process again. This is of course only when I am doing posts that have like 15 photos! Then there are the other times that I have written lots of words in my post only for that not to save as well and then I give up for a few days and then a few days becomes a few weeks....

I saw a tip the other day from a blog, I think it was Iron Chef Shellie, that she would write all her posts in word as then if it doesn’t save in blogger then you don’t have to write all your posts out again. I thought this was brilliant as it’s one of the major things that deters me from writing posts.

So hopefully by doing it this way I will get into more of a routine of doing my posts again.

I made this berry cake ages and ages ago, but I still remember how wonderful and easy it was to make. I love fruit cakes that you can use with frozen fruits as you can make them any time without having to wonder whether that fruit is in season. The recipe is from the infamous blog chocolate and zucchini. In the recipe it specifies blueberries, but I used mixed berries. I also would thaw the berries as well if you want the layering effect, cause as you can see from my pictures all the berries dropped to the bottom, which was still delicious but not quite as aesthetic.

So here is a photo montage of the processes of the berry cake.


































6 comments:

Hannah said...

I love cakes where you get a big burst of juicy tangy berries! Welcome back :)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Lovely looking cake-I have a cup of tea here that would go so well with it! :P I know a lot of people on blogger have been having problems. I write straight into Wordpress although this has been problematic a couple of times but I don't think quite as much as with blogger.

muppy said...

Yum, looks really delicious.

celia said...

I love this recipe, we've been making it for years! We often put up to half a kilo of blueberries in it. Glad you're back, hope you had a great holiday! :)

Dumpling Girl said...

I love cakes with sugary slightly crunchy tops.

Anna Johnston said...

Glad your back, all this commenting on your blog girl and I forgot to say 'Ive missed you'. Hope your holiday was rockin, can't wait to hear about the food you munched on.
Love the cake, would work a treat with the giant cuppa I'm holding.