Friday, November 19, 2010

Vietnamese Chicken Salad

The weather in Canberra has been pretty hit and miss lately, although it's finally starting to get warmer and stay warmer at the moment. I made this the other night when I was wanting something healthy, fresh and fast for the warmer weather.

I used a Bill Granger recipe which I found on the lifestyle food website, you can find the recipe here.

I made a few changes to mine, I used coriander instead of basil, and I pulled apart a cooked chicken and used that instead of poaching chicken. I found that the dressing needed a bit more sugar too, but I like my dressings sweet!

I don't like to add the chicken to the salad mix either, cause then you can regulate the amount of chicken each person gets.

Serve it with rice to make it a substantial meal. Very easy and delicious!


3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love this salad! I make Nigella's version and it's such a hit as it's so healthy yet filling :)

susan said...

Ooh I will have to try Nigella's version, cause I wasn't that happy with Bill's.

Iron Chef Shellie said...

I really need to make this sometime this summer... I say that every year :P