Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes

Following on from the Nigella Theme I made another one of her dishes the other night that we saw on her feasts show. Her original recipe was suited for about 6 people, so I halved the recipe for us 2, and then had leftovers the next day.

You can find a link to the original recipe here, otherwise this is my version below.

I changed the chicken type, as that’s what I had on hand, although next time I will do drumsticks and cutlets. I also cooked it at 180 degrees instead of 220, as I thought that was a bit high. Maybe if I had the original quantity then that would have worked, but not with the reduced amount.

I also added in a couple of red capsicums cut into chunks, as I had them in the fridge. I would definitely add them in as they were a fantastic addition.



Everything in the pan, ready to go in the oven


Close up!


All done and looking good


Easy Midweek meal


Spanish Chicken with Chorizo and Potatoes

Ingredients
1 tablespoon regular olive oil
4 Chicken Breasts, Bone in, Skin on (I only used 3 cause that’s what I had, I thought I had 4)
2 chorizo sausages cut into 4cm chunks
300g chat potatoes, halved
1 red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
2 teaspoons dried oregano
grated zest 1 orange

1. Preheat the oven to 180ยบ. Put the oil in the bottom a roasting tin. Rub the skin of the chicken in the oil, then turn skin-side up.

2. Scatter the chorizo sausages, capsicum and the chat potatoes in the tin. Sprinkle the onion and the oregano over ,then grate the orange zest over.

3. Cook for 1 hour, but after 30 minutes baste the contents with the orange-coloured juices.


I just served with a simple green salad and it was delicious. So easy and so tasty

No comments: